Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Things I was totally wrong on.

People often say that "you never admit to being wrong" but this is not true. While not many, there are a few thing I have been wrong on.

iPod - Yeah so I was completely wrong here. I told people that they were stupid and that I liked having my CD collection with me so people could thumb through it and have an idea of what I like. I am now on my second iPod and love not having to lug around a CD case everywhere I go. Steve Jobs is now 1 for 1,200.

Alcohol - Yeah so I thought drinking was stupid and that you could have fun without doing so. While that opinion is still true drinking adds to the fun and creates fun where it sometimes may not be found. Also like I said a few years back, I drink to compete.

2005 White
Sox - While my declaration of them not being a good team is finally coming true, alas it is a few years too late. The thing that bugged me about the 2005 White Sox was this notion of "grinder ball." That year they were in the top 5, possibly #1, in percentage of runs scored via the home run. Also the main reason they won was because of their starters. But congrats is due and they were indeed the best team in baseball that year.

Tayshaun Prince - not a whole lot to talk about I just thought he would be a good college player and nothing more.

Mike Conley Jr. - I thought he was nothing more than a guy who fed the ball to
Oden and was riding his coattails all the way to O$U. I saw him get lit up by Proviso East's Jacob Pullen and thought to myself this guy is really overrated. I was wrong and he turned out to be the best point guard in college.

Capital Punishment - I was at one point a fry em, fry em all kind of guy. However a priest at St. Isaac
Jogues presented an argument that turned me over instantly and to this day I disagree with the death penalty.


Also some funny links -

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/johncheese/bands/overrated.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7NrPJBOQcc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin%2Ecom%2F

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utsHE5xWges&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eg4tv%2Ecom%2Fthefeed%2Fblog%2Fdate%2F05102007%2Findex%2Ehtml

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other things that Tom was wrong about:
~ Kill Bill
~ Xbox and several xbox games including but not exclusive to Rockstar's Table Tennis, Guitar Hero, Worm's Armageddon, Call of Duty 3
~ The theory of causation
~ Notre Dame

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. Anyone else remember anything?

Unknown said...

Lets see, for starters:
1a) Every single time Tom has argued with me about cars or the auto industry
1b) Stick shift cars being "obsolete"
2a)Nearly every time Tom has argued with me about music, or uses that "I saw Ratdog, so therefore I like Jam Bands." bs.
2b) When Tom said Jimi Hendrix is overrated
2c)When Tom, in the same sentance as 2b, said that the Monkees were the greatest band of the 60s
3) Everything and anything he says about the Exploder/Sexplorer
4) Potbelly Sandwich Co being a poormans Quiznos
5) Medina Travel Time, and then subsequently accused my "german car" of having time travel capacities after I proved him wrong
6) Qdoba queso sauce being the 8th wonder of the world
7) Bud. Select. and when he decided he liked the Chemical Brothers only after he realized it was the Bud Select theme song
8) Pilotwings 64 being the greatest game of all time, cuz its not. Battletoads is superior in every way
9) When he said running and swimming are activities, not sports
10) OVALTINE and all of its inherent awesomeness

Unknown said...

By the way, this is probably the first time in the history of journals where someone addresses capital punishment and the chicago white sox within the same entry.

Tom said...

In response to Gene: Table Tennis sucks, as does Guitar Hero, and Worms. So I have no idea where you were on that one. The theory of causation is for retards who are detached from society. And yes I agree about ND.

In response to Figs nonsensical rambling, I will only argue that I also went to a SCI concert and that I don't care how fast you sped to Medina, legally it takes more than 15 minutes. Also Chicago Golf and The Los Angeles Country Club > Medina.

Anonymous said...

the world is officially coming to an end since tom admits he was wrong on some issues

Anonymous said...

Also bragged to me about how Juan Pierre was in those ESPN Mobile commercials at the bginning of last season and thus predicted a huge year for him and the Cubs

goulet said...

2 words: "Coffee Table"

p.s. I hope you like my alias (shout out to all you LOHA fans out there, 3's gonna rock the sheezy)